Thursday, December 24, 2009

Philharmonic Youth Winds: Classiques! Extreme

was a great and enjoyable concert :D

Highlights of the day were Extreme Make-over by Johan De Meij and Third Symphony by James Barnes! I especially liked the third movement from the third symphony and yes, the whole of extreme make-over. Some special effects like blowing across the bottles (with pitches!) and percussion ones were quite interesting :D

I salute all the players from philyouth winds, must be extremely tiring to play those pieces!



Anyway, it was supposed to be a band outing thing but it ended up to be only Alif, Nathanael who went cause the rest were either not free or didn't reply. LOL. We had dinner at Raffles city food court and guess what, Nathanael and I bought Japanese food. HAHAH. Must be missing Japan far too much!

So we missed the first piece (but got to watch it on the screen outside the concert hall, anyway). The rest of the concert was truly enjoyable (as I have mentioned earlier), and towards the end, there were balloons falling from the ceiling when a net was realeased!

While the audiences were busy throwing ballons all around, philyouthwinds played Sleigh ride and.. (omg the other song title suddenly slipped my mind). The conductor Mr Adrian Chiang was being really cute by cueing us in to do the clapping. hahaha.

While we waited for Yihao so we could pay up for the tickets (yeah my bandfest sectionmate who performed tonight, great job!), I picked up a few ballons and started getting high by singing and all. Can't blame me, I was really happy then. I EVEN GOT TO BRING IT HOME!

No... wait the balloon didn't survive long enough to see my home :(

It got blew away by the wind while I was busy getting high while walking back to the mrt and landed on the shrubs and then the ground. When I tried to pick it up it burst instantly which left me in a state of shock (while the other two started laughing like crazy)

R.I.P NATALIE!
(I named it after the third movement of third symphony)


Home after that.


Its weird how I always regret not joining band right from the start but when I go home and listen to the choir pieces I'll fall in love all over again and start to get really confused. Its pretty sad that I just picked up an instrument at this age, but my choir life was pretty great too, so.. no regrets. Its never too old to learn so I gotta MAKE MORE TIME FOR IT!

Just listened to kometsuki madara!

No comments: